Department of Faculty Surgery named after Kakish Ryskulova
The Department was opened during the World War II on November 21, 1941. It was organized and lead by evacuated from Belarussia and Ukraine professors Vladimir Babuk and Platon Shupik. From 1945 to 1967 the head of the department was Professor Aleksei Nikolaevich Ktuglov.
The clinic during the Great Patriotic War was in difficult conditions: the history of the disease was written on newspapers or wallpapers, a set of surgical instruments for a long time was one in two departments, textbooks were clearly not enough.
By 1944 there was the first graduate student - Ryskulova kakish Ryskulova , later defended her candiadte thesis, and a doctoral thesis in March 1967. Later she lead the Department from 1967 to 1992.
In 1957, by order of the Central Committee of Kyrgyzstan, the Department was transferred to the base of the first city United hospital of the Frunze plant, where it got at his disposal 70 beds.
In February 1966, the surgical Department was transferred to a new three-storey building, where one floor was allocated for the urological Department.
From 1992 to 2002 the Department was headed by Akmatov Bekbolat Achmatowicz
From 2002 to present day the head of the Deaprtment is Professor Omorov Rahatbek Arzybekovich.