Faculty for Foreign Citizens
Brief history of the faculty
The faculty of General medicine in English language teaching was established on the base of Medical faculty in 2001. When developing the curriculums and study programs the experience of KSMA in working with foreigners, recommendations of WHO experts (prof. Z. Ozteca and prof. M. Alkana) were taken into consideration. There were created list of teachers of KSMA who speak English. They all have an individual interview to check their language proficiency.
The aim of creation of the faculty was a training of qualified specialists in the specialty “Medical Doctor”, who will speak English language to continue their professional activities abroad.
The main tasks of the faculty:
Olympiad on Microbiology
There are works on development of the faculty, enhancing the material and technical base, creation of staff potential, creation of favorable conditions for study in KSMA and living of foreign students are conducted at the faculty. The study duration is 6 years in English language within module integrated system. Currently, 685 students study from India, Pakistan, Arabian countries, Korea, China etc. In addition, every year number of people wishing to enter this faculty is rising as well as the geography of the countries of incoming foreign students is also expanding. Graduates of the faculty receive the qualification of doctor in the specialty “General Medicine”. After graduation, students continue their study at of postgraduate studies – clinical residency and fellowship in Kyrgyzstan. However, most of graduates leave for home. Graduates of I.K. Akhunbaev KSMA have the highest rate of the confirmation of their level of knowledge among the medical schools of Kyrgyzstan. Information about achievments: Students of the faculty actively participate in social, scientific and cultural life of the Academy. Students repeatedly took top places in local and international scientific conferences and Olympiads. Annually the faculty actively takes part in the preparation and holding of the gala evening "Dedication to students" Favorable and multicultural atmosphere allow to students celebrate their national holidays every year. In addition, students always celebrate local national holidays with great endeavor in solidarity. In September-October and May students, pass medical examination in order to prevent any illnesses. On March 21st students always participate in the celebration of the main national holiday Nooruz, where they always demonstrate interesting performances.
|Diploma on 2nd place at the Olympiad on Microbiology||International cooperation between Novosibirsk State Medical University, I.K. Akhunbaev Kyrgyz State Medical Academy and International School of Medicine|
- Competence catalog (see attachment):
It was established on the basis of Department for the General Medicine with English Language that was opened in 2001. Graduates of the Faculty obtain the qualification of physician in the specialty “General Medicine”. Education is instructed in English by the integrated system. The duration of study is 6 years.
|NECESSARY DOCUMENTS FOR SUBMISSION TO THE ADMISSION COMMISSION for admission to the Faculty for foreign citizens (“General Medicine” program)|
Foreign citizens who enter to the first year of study at the “Faculty for foreign citizens” passes entry examination in the form of tests (in English) in the following subjects: Biology, Chemistry and oral interview in English.
|For documents acceptance||300 KGS (three hundred soms)|
|Tuition fees for 2018-19 academic year||
For first year of studies-207 900 KGS (two hundred seven thousand nine hundred soms)
* Tuition fees for foreign citizens do not include the costs of foreign students for meals, accommodation in a hostel, medical insurance, visa and registration, transportation costs, additional educational services (additional classes and consultations).
2000 KGS (two thousand soms) per month
*Seats are limited
Logistics fee depends on contractor logistics services:
- collection and verification of necessary documentation in the country of origin;
- ensuring the arrival of foreign applicants to the KSMA and departure, including booking and timely purchase of air tickets for the travel of KSMA applicants from foreign countries to Kyrgyzstan and back;
- organization of a meeting of KSMA applicants at the Manas airport and their further arrival in Bishkek and places them in the hostel;
- the organization of residence of entrants in Bishkek in the period of receipt and expectation of the results of entrance examinations;
- the organization of residence of foreign students enrolled in KSMA in case of a shortage of places in the KSMA hostel;
- the organization of a preliminary medical examination and obtaining a medical certificate with the results of tests for the presence of infectious, chronic and other diseases, and also prepares medical insurance;
- timely submission of the following documents to the Admissions Committee of the Committee:
• application form;
• a passport with an entry visa that meets the requirements of the Kyrgyz legislation and a copy thereof;
• the original of the document on the complete secondary education indicating the subjects studied and the grades (points);
• a notarized translation of the document on the general secondary education into the official language of the Kyrgyz Republic;
• A certificate from the Ministry of Education and Science of the Kyrgyz Republic on the equivalence of a complete secondary general education;
• Medical certificate (form No. 086 / y) with the results of HIV tests, viral hepatitis B, C, D, malaria, and the result of fluorography;
• 6 photos 4х6 cm.
• other documents required at the request of the country of origin for admission of foreign nationals to foreign institutions of higher education (for example, Indian citizens must be provided with the result of the "National Qualification-Entry Test" (NEET) with a set of marks as required by the Medical Council of India).
- the organization of the timely presence of foreign applicants at the interview and examinations;
- timely makes payment for the training of students. Payment for training is made by cashless transfer of funds to the settlement account of KSMA;
- assistance in signing the contract of a foreign student with KSMA, in particular, providing oral and, if necessary, translation services;
- ensure compliance with the legislation regarding the location of foreign citizens on the territory of the Kyrgyz Republic;
- guarantee the departure from the territory of the Kyrgyz Republic of persons who did not pass the entrance examinations, the expelled students;
In addition, the company provides additional services:
- invites professors from India to read additional lectures, prepares students for diploma examinations and assesses their knowledge;
- provides students with additional materials for training and organizes regular consultations of Indian teachers;
- conducts trial exams to prepare Indian students for the qualifying examination of the Medical Council of India;
- provides students with tablets and medical video materials;
- provides its students with a hostel and Indian food;
- provides students with full consulting support, until they complete their studies at the university;